Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

Linux

Ahoy all you OSS users! Please welcome the newest newbie! (I guess you must be getting a lot of us lately, since Ubuntu) Really, I am very impressed with the result of a collective effort on the command-shell and on ubuntu as a GUI. Also, the help groups and the skin groups are very helpful and fun. Am really enjoying my first few days as an ubuntero!

Well, these things always come with a price. Sadly. If I have to get the internet connection in my room (which sadly is something Ubuntu cannot live without) then, I'll have drag my 3 kilo laptop for three kilometers to their dingy 'internet provider' dugout. (Strangely I had a feeling that any place with computers was supposed to be porche!)

Well, as a matter of confession, the main reason why I am using linux instead of windows is because my ageing P4 is behaving like a P2! So, I decided to load a lighter OS. There is a slight improvement now. And since the computers at the Sociology Centre have decent internet and don't block Ubuntu sites, I don't have much of a problem yet :)

1 comment:

David Joseph said...

Congrats SAM!...
nice to hear ur an ubuntero!
hope it stays good all along...!
tc
:-)