Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Few Random things

Present circumstances (meaning me being unnecessarily stressed out about the packing and moving to Kolkata, and then to Trivandrum, and then to Bangalore) have not allowed me to write sensible posts, so just so you (whoever you are) know that I am here, I thought I'd put up a few random things that happened to me during the  past month.


  • I installed my cooler. Cut a chunk of my finger in the process. But I slept really well. 
  • All-out (A liquid mosquito repellant) apparently doesn't work in anybody else's house but mine.
  • I helped in a (failed) Lumbar Puncture. The guy was too big to hold steady all by myself.
  • 70% of work at Shalom is done. Which is why I get time to type this up.
  • I need to collect photos from friends. After which I'll post links. Sadly, I haven't used my own camera (great as it is) to its full potential.
  • It's hot here, beyond comprehension. Even for a dilli-wala. I have a feeling the temperature will hit 50C this year. (122F)
  • I puked an entire night's dinner and the next days breakfast because of dehydration. I had no idea that dehydration could do that!
  • I'm seriously thinking about starting a new blog on music you don't have to buy. That I imagine I would update that one more often. Generally the plan dies out soon after the 'contemplative stage'. 
  • A pigeon laid an egg in my balcony yesterday. And I thought it would have a nest at least. It laid the egg on the floor! And now it just sits on it. Wonder what it does when the sun comes up. DIY bird-nests anybody?
  • Can't wait to get out of Delhi. There is that feeling of unease that creeps in the moment you know you'll be leaving in a few days. 
  • I've had the honor of meeting so many good friends here. As much as I want to run away, I feel sad leaving them all behind.
Have a Great Weekend!

No comments: