Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Linux woes

Being the Change makes you weird...

I came up with this phrase a few days ago when I joined the ubuntu bandwagon... Everybody who had windows either thought i was very brave, or was just showing off, or just thought i was weird. I on the other hand thought I was a part of a new revolution against the system. Against microsoft, the money-hungry exploitative giant...

Anyway, the above phrase was well-meant, and was really useful, on my part... Unfortunately,
being the change doesn't only make you weird... It knocks the daylights out of you, and makes your days filled with pain, anger, and frustration because things never ever go easy when you swim against the tide. With no internet connection, no sound, no video on my computer, it with all it's cool hardwarde (1gb ram, 160gb sata, dual-core, lcd screen dvd writer) is completely useless! Ubuntu doesn't come loaded with these drivers... You'll have to hook your comp directly to the internet.. The internet walas don't know how to get my comp compatible with their servers, so no internet connection possible! :( Geez! What frustration

Haven't found a single decent ubuntu book as of yet... Once I do so, I hope i devour it before classes start! Hope there's a chapter on temper-management!

Sorry for taking out my bitter feelings on you... thank you for your patience

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

David Joseph said...

yea... ubuntu is totally useless without net!!!...