Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Manjolai

Oftentimes, when I hear my friends describe the beauty of the mountains, i rarely get impressed. I've seen the mountains of Kodaikanal, Thekkadi, and even a bit of the Himalayas! You see one, you've seen them all. What's so great?!
Today, standing at the top of an unnamed cliff at Manjolai, Tamilnadu, I couldn't think the same! Standing on the edge of the Western Ghats and looking at the plains below, my ancestral district slowly lighting it's lamps all over to chase away the incoming darkness, I decided to raise the 'beauty' scale a little higher.
The mountains completely clothed green with the trees were stretching in ups and downs all around me to form a great horizon. yet , from where I stand, I can see the range give way to the seemingly endless flatlands spanning at least 50 villages, flourishing because of the sparkling water streaming down from the mountains into a dam.
For a city-slicker like me, staring at starry skies is a rare sight. Last night, I could have spent the entire night looking at the real live planetarium, watching shooting stars, and wondering what to wish for, 'cause for the moment I couldn't remember a single care in the world!
In a few weeks time, I'll be the busiest man on the planet, settling down to a new job, a new life. This could be the best stretch one could ever wish for!
Beside this awesome beauty, I did spend some 'quality-time' with the family. Great pics will soon be put up!

No comments: