Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

Bam Bam Boom!! There you go JNU

That’s right ladies and gentlemen, I’m going JNU bashing again! And again, I’m doing it in JNU’s very own computer center, from where I get free internet! Yes, you got that right, I do have a mania of biting the hand that feeds me. But again, freedom of speech is what it’s all about, right? But of course, it’s not about the wonderfully snail-paced bureaucracy, but the wonderfully animated (That’s the kindest word I could find) Student’s voting body.

Last night, after a beer drinking session, (of course, consumed sprite only) we were called to vote for the student leaders in the JNU SSS elections. The School of Social Sciences… Hmm… When I first came to JNU, I expected the people of SSS to be friendly, happy-go-lucky, yet dignified research scholars. I thought that they were all ideologists who respect others feelings and perspectives, and allow for these elections to go off as smoothly and as nicely as possible.

But no!! All that these guys (and girls) were intent on doing was to vindictively oppose every word the people from the other party said. Even when they were selecting the election committee, someone or the other was protesting against the selection because they were either a part of a certain party, or were having weird ideologies, or did not have his bath everyday. So, the poor people at the selection committee were making new names, and in the end. One of the people in the final election committee list was getting drunk with friends! Yes readers, this is what I call politics!

Oh! And I forgot to tell about how pathetic my journalism instincts are! As a wannabe freelance journalist, I’m supposed to carry a camera 24x7, right? But no, I couldn’t capture a great fist-fight that I could’ve caught on camera and attached along with this post… Hmm… I really need to learn the art, huh?

And again guys, please, if you have any information about how a first-timer freelance journo is supposed to go about things, do drop in a comment, and as always, I shall be eternally grateful!

No comments: