Pages

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The floating leaf

All of us have faced, sometime in our lives, the following question: 'Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?' Grr... When my grandad asked me that question, I did not have any idea on how to answer him. He called me a fool and a person with no aim in life. Mommy got a lot of reprimanding because she apparantly didn't 'raise me properly'. Hmm..

There was a time when I decided what i'll become. But every year, the ambition changed. At first, I wanted to be a missionary. Then I wanted to become a pilot, after which i wanted to become an astronaut, after which i wanted to become an astrophysicist, after which I wanted to be a psychologist, after that, i wanted to go into the media.

Right now, i'm doing my Masters in Sociology. I don't know what i'll end up as after I finish my 2 years of MA. And i don't really care.. God's in control...

And as usual, I'm the only one who 'doesn't really care'. Dad, mom, granparents, and the whole battalion of uncles and aunts are worried about what i'll be doing after I finish my Masters. The more money I make, and the bigger the house I have, the more i am worshipped. If i end up as a missionary, or a poor social-worker, i'm the butt of all malicious gossip.

But, (as usual) I don't care! If God wants me to be a not-so-rich guy, I'm ready to 'walk the line'. So, i've committed my future before God, and thus, I have no reservations of my own!! Right now, I'll give my all to the things He's called me to do.. Like study, take care of the cell group, and singing in the choir. I'm also learning a lot...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey my great bassist.. Your are the greatest bass singer I have ever come across and a wonderful friend

Tenor

Anonymous said...

That was nice.
Same here. Family worried about my future. Only I don't care like you but unlike you I don't know wether God will handle my life.
I think I'm sailing on a raft in a cold, lonley, desolate ocean.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...its a g8 work..yaar.. focus on this blog.. more.. to update regularly...take care.. Praise The Lord..