Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Count Your blessings

Today may not be the best day for me to write about thanksgiving, because today is one of those (many) days that I got up out of the wrong side of the bed. Nothing has been going right with me all day, and there is so much of other important things I should be doing right now. But the reason why I'm sitting in front of the screen, trying to put my thoughts on thanksgiving on the screen is simply because of the fact that I've encountered another writer's block.

But, No matter what block we may face, or what looming problem we may be staring at, or how depressed we may be, we always will have a reason to thank our God Almighty. Surprisingly, every time we feel so depressed or so frustrated with life that we feel like making a hole in a wall, Counting our blessings and thanking God for them serves as a really good stress buster/anti-depressant/tension reliever.

Oh, but of course, we all know how difficult it is to be grateful to a God, who apparantly got us into this trouble in the first place? It is impossible for us mere mortals to thank Him for His never-ending love and mercy, It isn't in our nature to do so. But, in spite of the overwhelming tension, take time to 'Count Your Blessings' and ' Name them one by one', 'it will surprise you what the Lord has done.'

Speaking out of personal experience, I realized how frustrating it is to keep complaining about the unforgivably slow life I lead in this God-forsaken University far away from the rest of the 'happening' world. I also realized how moody and selfish I became after a few days. Looking this sad countenance in the mirror didn't help things, but made things worse. I became edgy, sarcastic and started hurting people around me with harsh words, until I met a few really grateful people.

For those of you who've been through this before will be completely agree with me about how torturous it is to suddenly bump into a person who's had worse day than you did, and yet praises God with all his/her might for the great day he/she had. The worst part is, no matter how great your day was, these grateful people will always display a happier face than yours. I felt terrible about myself, and I wondered how I could be such a jerk. I immediately fell to my knees and begged Him for forgiveness and thanked Him for all that He had done for me.

Right after that, all my burdens were lifted (atleast from my heart, cause I still had deal with the mundane problems of life after that) and I was able to once again walk the pilgrims path with renewed lightness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,, I see what is upsetting you. Ya I too went through the same thing when I was Indore for 2 yrs. but I must say he has a purpose and things will turn out good. Take Care..
Aashish

sam said...

thanks aashish! (d'u know? comments like urs really inspire me to blog!)

Jhansi Pandian said...

hi there...
that makes me feel sorry for you...
may be not as much as you did, but i also felt some same kind of a feeling when i was out of school...
but take care anyways..
jhansi