Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The floating leaf - revisited

Well, this is more of a continuation with my previous post, The Floating Leaf. I got a lot of positive comments on this particular post, but that didn't do much to my feelings, volatile as they are. God hasn't let me down yet, and I've had a great time learning how to let my life completely into God's hands. The more I put myself into Him, the better I feel about myself and the world around me. Even though the latter thinks I've lost it completely.

I was speaking with a friend who recently decided to do everything what God wanted him to do. There was so much happiness in that person's voice, though he was still recovering from the shock of letting go of something he had been holding to himself for so many years. That overwhelming rush of freedom went through him as it did me when I made that decision many years ago.

Well, to me, I find it better to plan one day at a time instead of directing your life toward a larger goal. You don't have to go through so much of planning, all you have to do is give your best at the task at hand. Everything will fall into place in it's own time. Of course, there is that motion sickness you need to deal with, because this kind of life usually has steep drops and climbs. But once you're able to stomach it, God at the engine doesn't seem such a bad idea at all!

1 comment:

David Joseph said...

Yea...SO TRUE!