Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Blogger's gimmick - Interior Decorating


Now that I have got a sudden interest in blogging, (Free gifts for guessing why) I've decided I'll play the typical gimmick most bored bloggers play in order to get more comments or more "public response".
OK. Here's my problem. I am at present a bachelor living on the first floor in a one room - kitchen apartment. The bathroom isn't attached. The living room should be around 15ft x 15ft x 12ft. Sorry the image doesn't come out as clearly as I want it to. Ok. The arcs are doors, the thick lines, the windows, the biggest room is my living space (obviously) the second biggest is the bathroom, with the green patch the bathing area and 5 the potty. In the big room, #4 is the mattress where I sleep in, the small eclipse is the chairs, the red circles represent my water kettle, rice cooker and iron (all on the floor). The green line acroos the room is my clothesline. (Disgusting, yeah) . #1 is the trunk where all my clothes are, #2 is a plastic shelf, #3 is a pile of books and newspapers and the unnumbered rectangles are boxes with winter-clothes and stuff. In the kitchen, (the smallest room), the yellow represent the shelves and the red is the sink.


My budget is Rs 5000. Suggest anything (I prefer the minimalist look though) that might make my room better, and you'll get a cookie!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Sam I wish we are at Nagaland/Manipur. You can get a beautiful portable and foldable almerah. It won't cost you more than 1000 bucks. It is made up of steel pillars and covered with beautifully designed(scenery) plastic which two long zips. You can close your almerah after you put your clothes.

I have another suggestion. John Lall has a Camp cot but only the frame. So you can ask the frame and put plastic lines @Rs300/-

The rest I'll write on
onday